Friday 22 November 2013

Animals are my friends...

... And I don't kill my friends.
Every year millions of animals are brutally murdered and their deaths are then glamourised in he name of fashion. Animals such as minks and foxes live in cramped cages until they are killed, often gassed, electrocuted (anally or genitally) or their necks are broken. Often these methods do not work and the animals awaken in the middle of having their skin being peeled off...
Snakes, seals, alligators, tigers, horses... Millions of animals each year are killed so that you can stay warm or even worse just so you have something that is considered chic to wear.
I do admit however, that fur lclothing does have a certain elegance and sophistication to them but even just the thought of wearing one literally gives me shivers.
Stella McCartney is the fashion goddess of animal free clothing. She doesn't use any fur or leather. None of her products are tested on animals and it is even checked that the glue they use does not contain any animal products.
The fact that McCartney has created such an iconic brand without bringing harm to animals, just makes it harder for me to understand why most of my favourite brands still find it acceptable to use animal products in their clothes.
I know this one blog post isn't going to mark a major changing point in the fashion world but if I make just one person think about this topic and encourage them not to wear fur then I'll be beyond happy. And who knows maybe they'll influence someone who influences someone else and I'll have started a revolution!
I hope that one day, when I have my own fashion brand, I will have a bigger voice in the world which I'll use to change the hedonistic way we kill animals.
And for anyone who is a hardcore animal lover you need to buy this jumper.
My friend recently bought a t-shirt version of this and it's just the most adorable thing ever and I will soon own one as well and then we can match :p
Lots of love,
Tiana x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger