Friday 24 January 2014

Chanel Couture Show SS14

The Chanel Couture show might just be the most beautiful collection that I have ever seen.
The set: two enourmous, glistening white staircases which Karl Lagerfeld described as being 'an ice palace, a nightclub on another planet'. With Cara Delevigne opening and closing the show, the models pranced and skipped down the stairs, light as fairies in couture Massaro trainers (yes there were trainers on a couture runway!) worth around £3000 each. 
Even though Coco Chanel hated uncomfortable clothing, especially corsets, Lagerfeld felt that 'it was time to see the waist again. Underneath crop tops and matching low waisted skirts, corseted midriffs were revealed. 
Towards the end of the show we saw gorgeous gowns covered in feathers, sequins and pearls. The models glistened in iridescent fabrics, sprinted around the set. The show was closed in the tradition way: Cara in her wedding dress with a page boy to match. 
This show reinforced my love for fashion and fashion design: I literally can't imagine doing anything but making clothes that could maybe one day be this extraordinary. 



I love the elbow and knee pads to further show the sporty side of a Chanel girl
I love the girly, pastel colours, especially the middle light blue one

I MUST have this dresses in my wardrobe, they are fascinatingly beautiful. 

I love the iridescent tube dress that Lindsey Wixon is wearing.
Cara Delevigne in her undtraditional but gorgeous wedding dress


I hope you love the collection as much as I do!
Lots of love, 
Tiana x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger