Monday 12 May 2014

Fashion portfolio

This time next year, I'll hopefully be preparing to study fashion design at Central Saint Martins or La Chambre Syndicale in Paris so I've started working on a few projects for my portfolio. I don't really have much of an idea about what I'm meant to do or put in there but so far this is what I have.

I started off with my research. It was actually harder than I thought it would be to find a specific point of interest as I had so many different ideas to organize. I settled on Ancient China, specifically the artwork made out the time. I did loads of research on the internet, reading books and going to a few galleries.

Displaying image.jpeg

Displaying image.jpeg

Displaying image.jpeg



Next I did some initial ideas, just getting all my ideas out onto paper using colour and my mood boards to create a few designs. I liked the colours in the painting but a lot of them were quite dark and dull; I wanted to make a spring/summer collection so brightened the palette using colours such as:


    
And then balancing them with white so they're not too overpowering.


Displaying image.jpeg


Displaying image.jpeg

Displaying image.jpeg


Here is the almost final mini collection, I have a few changes to make for example playing with colours on the two outfits with orange skirts so the focus isn't on the same section two outfits in a row. I also might add an out with both the green and the fish pattern on it to create more unity.
Displaying image.jpeg

What do you guys think?
Lot's of love,
Tiana x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger